Hi ladies! Here at HOM, we celebrate a fresh face and healthy complexion over super heavy makeup looks that mask (rather than enhance) your natural beauty. We’re constantly on the hunt for innovative products that keep your skin happy and healthy so that you’re not tempted to cover it up with concealer and foundation (of course, diet and exercise is most important, but we don’t need to tell you to ditch the processed foods and hit the pavement). Today’s skincare edit features our top nine products to transition you from winter to spring:
- Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil | $48 – If there’s only product I (S) could recommend to you, it would be this cleansing oil, no matter your skin type. I was already using a gentle cleanser for my dry, sensitive skin, but I didn’t realize it wasn’t delivering enough moisture until I switched to this and felt the texture of my skin transform to soft, plump, and hydrated.
- Earth Science Eye Makeup Remover | $8.99 – Bi-phase eye makeup removers dry out the skin around my eyes, so I gently massage this soothing gel formula onto my eyes after the Tatcha cleansing oil, and it effortlessly melts away makeup.
- Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear Micro Water | $32 – At night, I love to follow the Tatcha cleansing oil with this micellar water to get rid of any last traces of makeup and impurities. Technically, I’m double-cleansing, but my skin feels clean and comfortable, not stripped and parched.
- Glossier Super Glow, Super Pure, and Super Bounce | $65 ($28 each) – Super potent serums at super affordable prices from a super cool company. Super Bounce is my favorite of the three!
- Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream | $52 – Try this moisturizer if you prefer a gel texture to a cream (or don’t need that much hydration). Hyaluronic acid is an innovative ingredient that floods the skin with moisture – look for it in your serum/moisturizer (hint: it’s in Super Bounce).
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration | $30 – This multi-use cream from the sensitive skin experts over at First Aid Beauty has saved my dry skin from harsh Chicago winters. It’s absorbs quickly, leaves zero residue, and doesn’t interfere with my makeup application.
- KORRES Wild Rose Vitamin C Petal Peel | $64 – I prefer a chemical exfoliant to a physical exfoliant (check out this high-level article about the different types), and this one from Korres is my go-to for glowy skin. If you’re more experienced with peels, then you may find this one too mild, but it’s perfect for us virgins.
- Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask | $62 – The delicious citrusy scent of this mask is everything during the dull, grey days of winter. Don’t be fooled though – this mask packs a punch and leaves your face visibly brighter and tighter.
EDIT: I CANNOT believe I forgot about sunscreen! So, so important, even in the winter. I’m loyal to the Supergoop! Skin Soothing Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 ($28).
We’d love to hear what your current routine consists of – leave us a note in the comments!